There is no shortage of websites offering you fun things, top things, best things, unique things, and even free things to do in Bellingham, WA. Every travel website or blogger is ready to share 5 to 89 places with you! Have you ever wondered if the author actually visited all of the locations they recommend?
As a business owner in the Fairhaven neighborhood, our things to do list in Bellingham and Whatcom County are places we know well and recommend to family and friends frequently!
All our shopping and dining favorites are found in Bellingham's Historic Fairhaven District. This area was originally a settlement founded in the 1800s and is now a community within the city of Bellingham.
Things to do in Bellingham, WA - Shopping
1. Peter James Photography Gallery. Fine art nature photography of the Pacific Northwest that is beautifully displayed on vibrant metal prints.
2. Village Books. A delightful bookstore, cafe, and gift shop that is community-based, and independently owned.
3. Drizzle. "We are passionate about olive oil" - Locally owned and operated that offers a variety of products that are sure to please.
4. Current and Furbish. A great place to find unique, interesting, and creative items – from today’s aesthetic to refurbished older pieces.
Things to do in Bellingham, WA - Dining
5. Mount Bakery - Breakfast / Lunch, order online, call up or walk in with indoor and deck seating available.
6. Mai Kham - Authentic and Tasty Thai / Lao Food–Great food, great service, dine-in, takeout, and delivery.
7. The Filling Station - Vintage gas station décor with the best gourmet burgers in town.
Things to do in Bellingham and Whatcom County - Parks
8. Boulevard Park. Well known for its amazing sunsets, cooling breezes, and community events.
9. Whatcom Falls Park. A 241-acre park that boasts 4 sets of waterfalls, over 5 miles of trails, bike-friendly paths, and playgrounds.
10. Lake Padden. 745 acres of recreational fun including fishing, swimming, hiking, horseback riding, ball fields, and even an award-winning golf course.
11. Chuckanut Drive and Larrabee State Park. For some of the best scenery in the state, head to Larrabee State Park via Chuckanut Drive. Visitors love to explore the saltwater coastline, hiking trails to nearby fishing lakes, enjoy a day at the beach, or relax and witness a beautiful sunset.
Things to do in Bellingham - Accommodations
12. Hotel Bellwether. A boutique, upscale waterfront hotel overlooking Bellingham Marina and the bay beyond that offers luxurious accommodations, top-notch service, and spectacular views.
13. Fairhaven Village Inn. A charming hotel located in the Fairhaven Historic District that keeps you close by shopping, fine dining, trails on the bay, and more.
14. Camping at Larrabee State Park. Located next to Samish Bay, the campground has 77 reservable campsites for tents, trailers, and RVs.
We hope you enjoy your visit to Bellingham, WA. Be sure to make time to stop by Peter James Photo Gallery for fine art photography prints that bring Pacific Northwest landscapes to life!